List:       pykde
Subject:    [PyKDE] PyQT/KDE 2.4 compile errors
From:       Jim Bublitz <jbublitz () nwinternet ! com>
Date:       2001-04-26 2:01:01

I'm having problems compiling Py[Qt,KDE]-2.4. The typical error I get
is:

sipqtQValidator.cpp: In function `struct PyObject *
  sipNew_QValidator(PyObject *, PyObject *)':
sipqtQValidator.cpp:2811: cannot allocate an object of type `sipQValidator'
sipqtQValidator.cpp:2811:   since the following virtual functions are abstract:
/usr/lib/qt/include/qvalidator.h:42:    enum QValidator::State
  QValidator::validate(QString &, int &)

where on line 2811 the code is of the form:

    sipNew = new <some abstract base class constructor>

I'm using gcc 2.95.2, Qt1.45, and Python 2.0 (./configure --with-qt-dir=/x/x/x)
on SuSE 7.1.

I get the same error for:

sipqtQToolTip.cpp: In function `struct PyObject * sipNew_QToolTip(PyObject *,
  PyObject *)':

sipqtQToolTip.cpp: In function `struct PyObject * sipNew_QToolTip(PyObject *,
  PyObject *)':

sipqtQListBoxItem.cpp: In function `struct PyObject *
  sipNew_QListBoxItem(PyObject *, PyObject *)':

sipqtQLayout.cpp: In function `struct PyObject * sipNew_QLayout(PyObject *,
  PyObject *)':

sipqtQIODevice.cpp: In function `struct PyObject * sipNew_QIODevice(PyObject *,
  PyObject *)':

sipqtQDragObject.cpp: In function `struct PyObject *
  sipNew_QDragObject(PyObject *, PyObject *)':

sipkdecoreKConfigBase.cpp: In function `struct PyObject *
  sipNew_KConfigBase(PyObject *, PyObject *)':

sipkdeuiKConfigWidget.cpp: In function `struct PyObject *
  sipNew_KConfigWidget(PyObject *, PyObject *)':

sipkfileKFileInfoContents.cpp: In function `struct PyObject *
  sipNew_KFileInfoContents(PyObject *, PyObject *)':

sipkfileKFileInfoContents.cpp: In function `struct PyObject *
  sipNew_KFileInfoContents(PyObject *, PyObject *)':

sipkfileKFileBaseDialog.cpp: In function `struct PyObject *
  sipNew_KFileBaseDialog(PyObject *, PyObject *)':

Just to get it to compile, I replaced the offending lines with sipNew = NULL,
and it seems to work OK, but probably isn't a very good permanent fix. (I'm
mostly interested in fixing another problem, which is detailed in another
message, but 2.4 didn't fix that either).

Jim Bublitz