List:       publib
Subject:    Re: [PubLib] loitering
From:       Sara Weissman <Sara.Weissman () MAINLIB ! ORG>
Date:       2012-08-29 15:47:07

We have a slogan here, for/to staff "you're not paid to take abuse". Public
service staff take a lot, but there IS a limit ..  our code of conduct is
pretty broad, which has the advantage of being applicable both ways ..as
in, you can't harass other patrons, equally you can't harass staff.  Also,
note references here to applicable state statutes.. what's in your state
law or local ordinances that might apply?  OTOH: be acutely aware of your
state Civil Rights division's guidelines for places of public
accomodation...
MCL code of conduct
http://www.gti.net/mocolib1//policy/conduct.pdf

--------