List:       publib
Subject:    RE: [Publib] Patron in good standing
From:       "Mary Soucie" <mjsoucie () wilmingtonlibrary ! org>
Date:       2008-08-29 15:12:35

Martha,
In Illinois, our patrons can get a reciprocal borrowing card from most
public libraries in the state. We have regional library systems so if
they want to go to a library outside our system, that's when they would
need the card. In some cases, especially in the suburbs around Chicago,
towns/cities right next to each other are in different systems.

We do confirm status of a patron over the phone if another library calls
to inquire. We will ask them for the patron's name and barcode number.

Hope this helps,
Mary

Mary J. Soucie, MLIS
Library Director
Wilmington Public Library District
Visit the world @ your library(tm)
201 S Kankakee St
Wilmington IL 60481
(815) 476-2834
mjsoucie@wilmingtonlibrary.org

IM me:
Yahoo: wplddirector
AIM: wplddirector

Wilmington Public Library District is committed to providing excellent
comprehensive service to its community.