List:       publib
Subject:    RE: [Publib] DVD circulation
From:       TNew () ci ! bedford ! tx ! us
Date:       2007-11-30 20:44:35

[Attachment #2 (unknown)]

<FONT face="Default Sans Serif, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=2><div>We \
circulate Fiction/Entertainment DVDs for 1 week with a limit of 5 per card.&nbsp; \
Renewals are permitted if no one has the item on hold.&nbsp; Non-Fiction DVDs are \
treated just like books: 3 weeks, no limits based on type, renewals \
permitted.</div><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>One thing that we do here which is very popular \
with the patrons is to post a page on our catalog that features the "New \
Releases".&nbsp; This page is posted as soon as we place the order for the coming \
month, is arranged in date format.&nbsp; That presentation of information is what \
they are used to seeing over the registers at the local video stores.&nbsp; (<A \
href="http://catalog.lib.bedford.tx.us/screens/newdvds.html" \
target=blank>http://catalog.lib.bedford.tx.us/screens/newdvds.html</A>)</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>From \
the page they can click on the titles and place holds on upcoming releases even \
before they arrive here at the library.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>The Entertainment \
DVDs (TV shows, Concerts, Hollywood Releases, Foreign Films, etc) is our highest \
circulating collection.</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT>