List:       publib
Subject:    [Publib] "Floating/Relief" Library Staff Members
From:       Amy Paget <amypaget () tcpl ! lib ! in ! us>
Date:       2007-11-30 20:35:43

For a discussion in 1st quarter 2008, I would like to hear from any
libraries who use 'floating staff members' to relieve in multiple
locations.  If you have a program that you think is working for you,
would you send me some details and contact information for future follow
ups.  Here's how I am defining 'floaters' (other definitions welcomed)

"Floating" staff members do not necessarily have a 'home location'; they
are specifically trained to fill in at multiple locations and in some
systems having a regular portfolio of hours in the library system to
keep them reasonably up to date.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

********************************
Amy Paget