List:       proftpd-users
Subject:    Re: [Proftpd-user] =?iso-8859-1?q?Permissions=2E?=
From:       "Christopher Murley" <murley () townnews ! com>
Date:       2012-10-19 23:18:45

Thats a loaded question. In short it depends on your config.

If your config uses pam and runs as the logged in user, than those
directories will need writeable permissions by that user.

It's also possible to make a container run as a configured user say,
ftp/ftp - in which case those dirs would need to be owned/permissioned
correctly.

Also have a look at umask config directive, which may help you out.

SH Development wrote:
> So, next issue I'm having is being denied to do anything in a directory.
>
> Two different scenarios I have, one is where a new folder is created for a
> client, the other is pointing to a homedirectory that already exists but
> was created by another application or ftp program.
>
> What is the correct way to set permissions for both situations?  We want
> full read and write access for the client to maintain their area.
>
> Jeff

Regards,

 -Chris

Christopher D. Murley