List:       proftpd-users
Subject:    [Proftpd-user] passive ftp LIST directives
From:       dante hicks <royds75 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-12-28 22:47:29

Hi.

I'm trying to set up my ftp. I have passive ftp set
up. I try to connect using my client, and the
connection is made. Unfortunately, it stops at the
LIST command. Nothing happens after that. I am trying
to remember the command I had used in the proftpd.conf
to fix this, but i'm at a loss. I'm running proftpd
version 1.2.10 (Mandrake 10.1). I have just installed
Mandrake, so i'm starting from scratch. My server is
behind a router, so I have the ports forwarded to the
right box. I'm not using port 21 either.

Any ideas on what the command is again?  Once I have
that, I know how to jail the users in their home
directories. That will be next on my list.

Many thanks!

Here is a copy of my proftpd.conf file so far:

ServerName			"ProFTPD Default"
ServerType			standalone
DefaultServer on
DefaultAddress 'my external ip'

# Allow FTP resuming.
# Remember to set to off if you have an incoming ftp
for upload.
AllowStoreRestart on

# Port 21 is the standard FTP port.
Port

# Umask 022 is a good standard umask to prevent new
dirs and files
# from being group and world writable.
Umask				022

# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of
child processes
# to 30.  If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent
connections
# at once, simply increase this value.  Note that this
ONLY works
# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an
inetd server
# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes
per service
# (such as xinetd).
MaxInstances			30

# Set the user and group under which the server will
run.
User				nobody
Group				nogroup

# To cause every FTP user to be "jailed" (chrooted)
into their home
# directory, uncomment this line.
#DefaultRoot ~

# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.
AllowOverwrite		on

# Bar use of SITE CHMOD by default
<Limit SITE_CHMOD>
  DenyAll
</Limit>

# Needed for NIS.

PersistentPasswd              off
AllowForeignAddress off
AllowRetrieveRestart on
MaxClients 1
MaxClientsPerHost 4
PassivePorts 20100 20110
ServerIdent on
DefaultRoot ~
SocketBindTight on

# Default root can be used to put users in a chroot
environment.
# As an example if you have a user foo and you want to
put foo in /home/foo
# chroot environment you would do this:
#
# DefaultRoot /home/foo foo