List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    Re: [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-3605650 ] how to bypass privoxy filtering, keep forwar
From:       Fabian Keil <fk () fabiankeil ! de>
Date:       2013-02-23 13:23:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

"Mike." <the.lists@mgm51.com> wrote:

> This is something that I would like to see implemented in provixy, the
> ability to easily flag a site as "bypass privoxy processing".

Adding a matching URL pattern to a section that disables all actions
and filters should (mostly) do that. A certain amount of processing
is obviously required, otherwise Privoxy couldn't forward the request.

You can also let the clients temporarily disable filtering for
the current request:
http://config.privoxy.org/user-manual/config.html#ENABLE-REMOTE-HTTP-TOGGLE

And if that's not powerful enough (or if your client lacks support for it)
you can use tags:
http://config.privoxy.org/user-manual/actions-file.html#CLIENT-HEADER-TAGGER

> While the FAQ encourages me to do this in my browser, the FAQ doesn't
> realize that I have 10 browsers on my home network, and I would have to
> reconfigure each one individually to by pass privoxy, instead of
> reconfiguring privoxy once.

The FAQ quoted in #3605650 is about completely bypassing Privoxy,
not about bypassing certain actions and filters which is certainly
possible.

Fabian