List:       privoxy-users
Subject:    [privoxy-users] [ ijbswa-Support Requests-3605477 ] Connection failure when download some page at po
From:       SourceForge.net <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2013-02-23 13:04:23

Support Requests item #3605477, was opened at 2013-02-20 15:27
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by fabiankeil
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=211118&aid=3605477&group_id=11118

not just the latest update.
Category: other
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I try to change gfx in flash game and I cant change it.
When im trying  to change gfx to the other from the game location,

{ +redirect{http://cdn.pl.forgeofempires.com/assets/gfx/H_SS_IndustrialAge_Townhall.png} }
cdn.pl.forgeofempires.com/assets/gfx/H_SS_ColonialAge_Townhall.png

its works fine, but when I trying to download from other location i gets in log:
Crunch: Connection failure: http://pl1.forgeofempires.com:8080/crossdomain.xml
I have read crossdomain.xml is using for download files for flash from other locations.

So i can set the privoxy for downloading this file?

Date: 2013-02-23 05:04

Message:
Sounds like you might want to rewrite the URL behind the clients back
instead of redirecting the client:
http://config.privoxy.org/user-manual/actions-file.html#CLIENT-HEADER-FILTER

To be clear, I was referring to the URL
http://pl1.forgeofempires.com:8080/crossdomain.xml.

At least from my point of view it looks like port 8080 is closed:

fk@r500 ~ $telnet pl1.forgeofempires.com 8080
Trying 212.53.161.60...
telnet: connect to address 212.53.161.60: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

Comment By: unpxre (unpxre)
Date: 2013-02-21 08:28

Message:
"I don't see the connection between your redirect section and the
connection
failure."

When i'm dont redirect this file location, flash player dont wan't to
downlaod this file http://pl1.forgeofempires.com:8080/crossdomain.xml.

In this file is saved data of which location files can by downloaded by
flash player.

So now I think i must change received "redirect file" headers like host,
because flash player has to think that the location of downloading file is
still the same.

So now my question is : How to change headers only for receiving  data?

"Are you sure the URL is correct and reachable without Privoxy from your
system?"
Yes, I can make screenshots if you wanna it.

Comment By: Fabian Keil (fabiankeil)
Date: 2013-02-21 05:17

Message:
I don't see the connection between your redirect section and the connection
failure.

At least from my system pl1.forgeofempires.com doesn't actually accept
connections on port 8080 and Privoxy can't change that.