List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Preferred/maintained greylisting options?
From:       Laura Smith <n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp () protonmail ! ch>
Date:       2020-05-24 19:59:26

> I've been sort of opposed to greylisting in the past due to a userbase that's \
> sensitive to delays, but… the spam is worse.

IMHO Greylisting is rather pointless. Its a blunt tool, and not only that it does \
that unforgivable thing of annoying genuine people.

I would hazard a guess that if you are being innundated with spam, then your RBL \
setup is less than adequate. Both the choice of RBLs  ***AND*** the correct \
configuration thereof is critical.

I should also add that you should not be afraid to pay for access. The good lists \
will (a) block you if you hammer them with high volumes of requests (b) save some of \
their better content (or new innovations) for their paid subscribers.

RBLs these days are pretty darn good, with everything setup correctly you can easily \
be in the very high 90-percentiles of catching spam and pretty much zero \
false-positives.