List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: DMARC usage opinion
From:       Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-users () dukhovni ! org>
Date:       2019-12-17 16:39:24

> On Dec 17, 2019, at 8:14 AM, Roberto Carna <robertocarna36@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear, I have a Postfix server and I have SPF and DKIM TXT records in my DNS. \
> Everything works OK.
> But now I want to implement DMARC, but somebody tells me not to do it because I'd \
> have some problems and I'll have to use a whitelist for several emai addresses, and \
> it's a heavy additional work.
> Please can you tell me your opinion about DMARC usage ???

DMARC policy is best avoided unless you're a bank, or other brand
that is concerned about phishing of your customers.  For personal
domains, the risk of someone being defrauded by impersonating you
seems to small to warrant risk of breaking forwarding (e.g. via
mailing lists) mail you've authored.

Some best-practice check lists will give you a lower "score" if
you don't have a strict DMARC policy, but I ignore these.

--
	Viktor.