List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: base64 encoded emails
From:       Jaroslaw Rafa <raj () rafa ! eu ! org>
Date:       2019-10-17 10:17:54

Dnia 17.10.2019 o godz. 10:48:21 Fourhundred Thecat pisze:

> I believe email should be plaintext. I don't like HTML emails either. If
> somebody feels that his message needs fancy formatting, he should send
> it as pdf attachment. But emails should stay plaintext.

I second that emails should be plaintext, but the reality is that a lot of
services send automated emails like eg. website registration confirmation,
password change link, order confirmation from an Internet shop, parcel
tracking status etc. as HTML. It's not that bad when it is
multipart/alternative HTML + plaintext (as it should be), however more and
more often it's HTML only. I know also one webmail provider, quite popular
in my country, that formats outgoing messages as HTML only(!).

So you just can't block HTML, because you'll cut yourself off of many
important messages that you actually want to receive. (However, I give
HTML-only messages without a plaintext part quite a large spam score in my
antispam filter).
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa