List:       postfix-users
Subject:    Re: Postfix  AUTH'd as header?
From:       Magnus =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ck?= <magnus () dsek ! lth ! se>
Date:       2004-09-30 17:42:11

On Thursday, September 30, 2004 at 19:31 CEST,
     Thomas Ledbetter <tledbett@revelstone.net> wrote:

>   Is there any way to have Postfix add a header for all transactions
> which indicates the username that they logged in as when sending the
> message via SMTP AUTH?
>
>   Currently I have SMTP AUTH working very nicely out of LDAP, but if
> the user puts a bogus email address in their email client, there's no
> way to tell the username of the person who really sent the message!
> Yipes!
>
>   Having a 'x-SMTP-AUTHd-as' header would do the trick - is there any
> way for Postfix to currently do something like this?

No, unless you're exclusively using the feature referred to below. In
that case, you can use the PREPEND access map action to add a message
header (requires Postfix 2.1).

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_sender_login_maps
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_sender_login_mismatch

--