List:       postfix-announce
Subject:    Postfix + LDAP + Schema
From:       "Jason Brownlee" <jasonb () spotlightonline ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-02-08 23:20:01

Please help, I'm going out of my mind!

My problem is I can't setup the openldap schema for postfix. I every
time I try an add a user to ldap I get an error. I tried extending the
core.schema to include the maildrop / mailacceptinggeneralid attributes,
but the attributes are still not recognised after an slapd restart. If I
add the attributes to the MAY section of the PERSON objectclass, slapd
won't start.

Here are some ldap info
dn: o=Shine Technologies, c=AU
o: Shine Technologies
objectclass: organization

dn: cn=Manager, o=Shine Technologies, c=AU
objectclass: organizationalRole
cn: Manager

Here is how i am trying to add users:
dn: uid=someuser, o= Shine Technologies, c=AU
uid: someuser
cn: Test User
sn: User
objectclass: person
userpassword: somepassword
mail: fake-email@address.com
maildrop: real@machine.dom.ain
mailacceptinggeneralid: fake-email@address.com

The error returned is:
ldap_add: Object class violation
additional info: attribute not allowed.
ldif_record() = 65

Please can anyone give me some guidance? I have read the ldap HOWTO and
the admin guide to no avail.

--
Jason Brownlee
Shine Technologies