List:       portmaster-users
Subject:    Re: (PM) T1 question
From:       Rick Kunze <rkunze () colusanet ! com>
Date:       2002-11-23 22:02:27

Might also be referring to a dual T1, which is 2 of them bonded and load
balanced.  A better way to go if you need the bandwidth.  A normal T1 is
composed of 24 channels of 64k each, for a total of 1534k.  In that model,
a 1 channel T1 would only be 64k, 2 channels would be 128k etc.  A full T1
is one with all 24 channels turned on.  A 384k circuit would be a T1 with
only 6 channels turned on.  And so on.

Rk

-
To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@portmasters.com' with