List:       poptop-server
Subject:    Re: [Poptop-server] Packet loss issue - tunnel stays up, but stops functioning
From:       James Cameron <james.cameron () hp ! com>
Date:       2005-06-14 6:34:29

G'day Robert,

Yes, we've certainly had reports of packet loss that have turned out to
be due to the MPPE implementations, including the negotiation by pppd.
So also check your pppd versions.  As far as I know, the latest versions
work okay, but I'd avoid mixing the ancestries of the kernel module and
pppd on the same system, since such combinations are not tested as well.

--
James Cameron                         http://quozl.netrek.org/
HP Open Source, Volunteer             http://opensource.hp.com/