List:       poptop-server
Subject:    Re: [Poptop-server] Client connection to FreeBSD Poptop Server
From:       "David Ehrmann" <exobyte () bigvalley ! net>
Date:       2005-06-14 6:16:48

Not sure why it won't connect in VMWare, but it will outside it.
It was proto 47 and GRE that I forgot.  Thanks.  Now I need to
play with a few settings to secure it.

> I followed these instructions to set up poptop:
> http://linux-bsd-central.com/index.php/content/view/8/

Neat.  A BSD port :)

> A little background on my network:
> pptp requests will come from 10.10.0.16, a wrt54g set to
> forward the pptp port to 10.10.1.1
> 10.10.1.1 is the server poptop runs on.
> There is a seperate router on the network, as well as several clients.

.  Be sure to check for updates on wrt54g and to make sure "pptp
passthrough"
is checkmarked.

> My goal is to secure my wireless network, but I can't connect
> from the wired one either.

With tcpdump can you see proto 47 and 1723 forwarding?

> pptpd.conf
> ------------
> localip 10.0.253.1-10.0.253.254
> remoteip 10.0.254.1-10.0.254.254
> debug
> nobsdcomp
> proxyarp
> pidfile /var/run/pptpd.pid
> +chapms-v2
> mppe-40
> mppe-128
> mppe-stateless

BSD is ppp-2.4.1 still?

> Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dial Broadband has arrived Nationwide! Up to 5 times faster than traditional dialup \
connections from $13.33/month! See the demo for yourself at <a \
href="http://www.BigValley.net">www.BigValley.net</a>