List:       poptop-server
Subject:    RE: [Poptop-server] Re: PMTU
From:       Peter Mueller <pmueller () sidestep ! com>
Date:       2003-09-18 19:20:49

> I did choose 1600 then all the packets can pass trough for
> sure ;-) You can experiment with a more accurate number. I
> figured out some time ago that u must have a number above the
> 1536, but i am not sure anymore, thats why i did choose 1600.
> To automate this you can set this in /etc/ppp/ip-up script.
> This wil do the trick for every established ppp connection.
> The exact line in my redhat config is:
>
> /sbin/ifconfig $1 mtu 1600

Thank you for your comments, but I've tried this and it just stops ALL vpn
traffic from working, so I don't think it is effective.  Although I didn't
want to do this my new solution is to downgrade back to ppp-2.4.1.
ppp-2.4.1 worked flawlessly for me, ppp-2.4.2 is just one big headache.

My impetus for this upgrade was to get bcrelay 1.0 in my setup.  Can I use
poptop-cvs-1.1.4 with ppp-2.4.1?

Regards

Peter