List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: Addressbook
From:       jackpot () ilnk ! com
Date:       1997-07-09 12:34:22

Bruce Toews wrote:

> Just use control-R to get your rich header, leave the To: field blank, and
> put your distribution list in the Bcc: field. Simplicity, and it sounds a
> little too obvious, I know. I ran into the same problem a few months ago,
> posted almost word for word your question, and got a response of "Try it."
> <GRIN> Hope this helps. What you'll get, by the way, if you do this, is
> "recipients suppressed" or something like that in the To: field.
>
> Bruce
>
> On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Jim Messina wrote:
>
> > Sorry if this is already answered in FAQs; will check there in a moment.
> > "Address Book Commands" doesn't seem to answer the following question in
> > unix Pine 3.95
> >
> > Sending mail to a Distribution list of several addresses in the address
> > book shows every address in this list in the header. Is there a way to
> > hide the list or redirect the list to the Bcc line and not to the To:
> > line?
> >
> > Looking for a way to cut down on the header overhead, not to hide anything
> > from anyone.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > ---
> > Bluecoat Digest List Manager - Jim Messina
> > http://www.neosoft.com/~sky

Subject:
         Error Condition Re: Invalid request
   Date:
         Sun, 6 Jul 1997 12:28:39 PDT
  From:
         University of Washington ListProcessor
<listproc@u.washington.edu>
     To:
         jackpot@ilnk.com
    CC:
         owner-pine-info@cac.washington.edu

jackpot@ilnk.com: You are not subscribed to list
pine-info@u.washington.edu

Subject:
         WHICH
   Date:
         Mon, 7 Jul 1997 05:12:08 PDT
  From:
         University of Washington ListProcessor
<listproc@u.washington.edu>
     To:
         jackpot@ilnk.com

jackpot@ilnk.com: You are subscribed to the following lists;
if none appear, you are not subscribed to any:

Subject:
         Error Condition Re: Invalid request
   Date:
         Mon, 7 Jul 1997 05:07:08 PDT
  From:
     To:
         jackpot@ilnk.com
    CC:
         owner-pine-info@cac.washington.edu

>SIGNOFF PINE-INFO

jackpot@ilnk.com: You are not subscribed to list
pine-info@u.washington.edu

If you wish to contact a person, please send mail to
owner-pine-info@cac.washington.edu dlm@cac.washington.edu .
To get general help on Listproc, please send the command:

                                HELP

in the body of the message to listproc@u.washington.edu.
PS: Any subsequent requests you might have submitted in the same message
have been ignored.

I AM BEING SPAMMED BY THE PINE-INFO GROUP. I HAVE TRIED FOR OVER 3
MONTHS TO GET OFF THE LIST. NOTHING HAS WORKED. PLEASE DON'T SEND ME ANY
MORE MESSAGES, BUT IF YOU KNOW WHO TO CONTACT OR HOW TO DO IT, JUST SEND
A MESSAGE TO WHOMEVER CAN REMOVE ME FROM THE LIST. MY MAILBOX HAS
CONTAINED OVER 4,000 MESSAGES AT ONE TIME. I DON'T NEED TO TELL YOU WHAT
PROBLEMS THIS HAS CREATED. I never subscribed to the list, and they say
I'm not on it. Which is the way it ought to be, but they keep sending me
mail.

So if I'm not on the list, then I'm not sending you this message -
everything ought to be OK, huh?Subject:
         Error Condition Re: Invalid request
   Date:
         Sun, 6 Jul 1997 12:28:39 PDT