List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: How to find old news articles? Pine 3.93
From:       Mike Brudenell <pmb1 () mailer ! york ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1996-04-30 11:36:02

Usenet News....

When you have finished with an article use the "D" command to "delete" it
from the list shown to you in the future.

You can re-view any articles you have deleted in this way by using the "&"
(unexclude) command: it's also shown on the command menu at the foot of
the screen (but you'll need to use the "O" (Other Commands) command to see
it).

If you want to "catch up" in a newgroup (mark all articles as having been
read) make sure you have the "enable-aggregate-command-set" feature
enabled in the Setup Configuration screen, then:
	; A		... Select all articles
	A D		... Apply a Delete command to the selected
			    articles

You can also use this trick to undelete all the articles.  Something along
the lines of:
	&		... Unexclude read articles
	; A		... Select all articles
	A U		... Apply an Undelete command to the selected
			    articles

Cheers,

Mike Brudenell                                         <pmb1@york.ac.uk>
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York, YO1 5DD, UK
Tel: +44-1904-433811  FAX: +44-1904-433740  http://www.york.ac.uk/~pmb1/