List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: Access this IMAP resource (net-happenings mailing list)
From:       Mark Crispin <mrc () CAC ! Washington ! EDU>
Date:       1994-11-30 0:59:50

On 29 Nov 1994, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> >>"D" == David L Miller <dlm@cac.washington.edu> writes:
> D> You can also specify a folder-collection of
> D> 	*{imap.mid.net/anonymous}pub/NET/[]
>
> I was unable to get Pine (3.91 + patch to bezerk.c on NeXT 3.0) to open this.
> I believe that the forked rsh process is hanging.  However, if I use:
>
> *{imap.mid.net:143/anonymous}pub/NET/[]
>
> it works just spiffily.  Would it be possible to put in an option to disable
> rsh imap login for those of us with a brain-dead rsh that hangs?

Are you *sure* that you had /anonymous in the folder collection?  rsh
access is supposed to be disabled when /anonymous is used.  If it still
tried rsh in spite of /anonymous, this is a bug (and please report it to
pine-bugs).

The ":143" *is* the option to disable rsh!  Yeah, I know, we need a
somewhat more intuitive interface...  ;-)