List:       pine-info
Subject:    question
From:       Aaron Sittner <msaaron () pluto ! mscc ! huji ! ac ! il>
Date:       1994-10-24 5:19:17

Gentlemen:

I have been using Pine since opening my e-mail/Internet
account - about a year ago - with "Pluto", a Unix machine
located at Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Mount Scopus
Campus.

Being partially disabled, I do 99 percent of my work with
Pluto from home, by modem.

Because of the high cost of telephone time in Israel, I try
to keep my online time as brief as possible.

I often receive long e-mail messages, which I must import
into my home PC for analysis and review. To do this, I first
"export" (via Pine) these messages to my "current directory"
in Pluto and then use the Unix "Get" command to import it
into my PC's hard disk ("c:\kermit" subdirectory).

This process is slow considering the speed of my modem, 2400
baud, and consumes quite a bit of costly online telephone
charges.

A few days ago, all Pluto users were informed that a new
version of Pine -- 3.91 -- has been installed. From my
reading of the notes on this version, I thought I had noticed
a solution to my "problem", by use of setup-configuration.
However, though I tried, nothing has changed.

Is there any command in Pine 3.91 that would enable me to
"export" some of my incoming messages DIRECTLY to my home PC
rather than to my "current directory" workspace in Pluto?

Thank you.

Aaron Sittner

(Before writing this letter, I attempted to get an answer
from local system operators. However, none of them seem to be
sufficiently familiar with the new version to advise me.)