List:       pine-info
Subject:    Re: [Pine Info] RE: Trash "can" for deleted messages?
From:       Bill Schoolcraft <bill () wiliweld ! com>
Date:       2004-11-11 23:45:32

At Thu, 11 Nov 2004 it looks like Meph Istopheles composed:

>    Sorry if someone's already suggested this -- I don't think I'd
> read all of each post on this thread.
>
>    There ~is~ a way to do this which only requires a couple
> additional key strokes...or maybe a few.
>
>    Why not create a folder called something like "X" (or even
> "Trash", or "Deleted", or whatever) & use "s" instead of "d" to
> delete, but you're actually saving it to the folder you've
> created for specifically for this?
>
>    While I've become accustomed to permanently deleting over the
> years (& was really annoyed by having to open another folder to
> really get rid of deleted mail when I was in Windows), I don't
> think it would take one long to get used to saving to that folder
> instead of pressing either "d" or the delete key....

Thanks, that's actually a very clean way to do it.  We seem to
only be one keystroke away from having an option in PINE to do
that too !!

Thanks again.

--
Bill Schoolcraft           | Life's journey is not to arrive at the
PO Box 210076              | grave safely in a well preserved body,