List:       phpslash
Subject:    Re: [phpslash-users] The Road to 0.65
From:       Ajay Sharma <ssharma () odc ! net>
Date:       2001-02-27 5:51:14

> What is the reason why people take one look at PHPSlash and run
> screaming to PHPNuke? Features! More specifically, phpslash's lack
> thereof. A good solid core is important, but you need something to
> draw users/developers to the project. What makes Linux so popular?
> It does nearly anything. Albeit some things not well, but nontheless
> it does them. *BSD has a good solid core, but nobody uses it. Hmm.
> (yes, I know you can do a lot with *BSD, but not nearly as easily.
> it gives the impression that you can't) </rant>

I guess there's two ways to go about it, and I'm of the mindset to "do
one thing and do it well".  But that doesn't mean I'm going to stop
someone from submitting code for a module.

I'm mostly bitching about the fact that PHPSlash has a lot of
unsupported modules like the Glossary and Mailing List which we had
convert from 0.5x before releasing 0.6.  We still have the logging_mod
that was never converted to PHPLIB's templates.

So if you guys want a module then go ahead and code it and submit it so
that someone can put it into the CVS.  But if it's not a patch to fix
problems with our stories/comments/polls, most likely I won't be putting
it in the CVS.

later,
ajay

Satyajot (Ajay) Sharma
ssharma@odc.net
Digital Odyssey System Administrator
"You will find true love, or a missing sock" -- Bazooka Joe