List:       phpslash
Subject:    Re: [PHPSLASH] Can't submit comments
From:       "nathan r. hruby" <nhruby () arches ! uga ! edu>
Date:       2000-03-27 19:11:20

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Jose Lopes Moreira wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm starting a new instalation of phpslash. Right now I cannot submit
> comments; I don't get any error messages but always return to the
> submission page.
>
> The only changes I did on the scripts were translations of the messages
> into portuguese. I deleted manually the contents of the comments table
> because was left with some orphan comments from the test stories that I
> could not delete.
>
> How can i find out what is going wrong?

Try doing a view source and see if there are any php errors there, make
sure that the apache processes aren't dying (make php log errors for you
and review the log) make sure you have INSERT and UPDATE privs on the db
server...

Perhaps the language stuff is adding some kind of weirdness that php or
MySQL doesn't like?

-n

nathan hruby
Webmaster: UGA Department of Drama and Theatre
nhruby@arches.uga.edu

-