List:       phpslash
Subject:    ISP Hosting [Was: Re: [PHPSLASH] DB design:  auto_increment?]
From:       "nathan r. hruby" <nhruby () arches ! uga ! edu>
Date:       2000-03-27 19:08:00

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Luc Saint-Elie wrote:

> Hello
> This is a stupid question buT...

There is no such thing.

> I'm looking for a step by step tutorial about how to install phpSlash on an
> ISP that provides PHP3 and a mySQL database.
> I've a web site (http://www.interpasnet.com/JSS) that becomes a hassle to
> maintain, I'd like to use phpSlash but until now I fail in installing it

Check the FAQ that came with your tarball about how to install stuff, if
you're still having issues, you can always ask here for some guidance,
Just be sure to post Versions for everything and the symptoms you are
having.

> In fact what I'm looking is in the case of a ISP install (I mean without
> access to PHP init files):

We had this discssion a while ago, check the List archives for Nov, Dec,
and Jan, it should be in there (http://lists.netuse.de/)

You may also want to try the beta install FAQ at
http://www.lisnews.com/phpslashdocs

(Blake, is that right?)

> - Which files in both phplib and phpslash must be modified and how (yeah I
> know.. with a text editor :-) )

Edit config.php3 with your db info and everything else should be
configurable with the vars table in the admin section (for the first
login, use God/Password, and be sure to give your self an account with
High seclev and delete the God account ASAP)

Don't touch the defualt phplib install, just untar and make the
prepend.php3 file pop up wih all the files it needs to, this is covered in
the FAQ and in the list archives as well.

HTH
-n

nathan hruby
Webmaster: UGA Department of Drama and Theatre
nhruby@arches.uga.edu

-