List:       php-windows
Subject:    [PHP-WIN] Reading CD TOC and Generating freedb disc IDs
From:       71.237.89.186
Date:       2007-07-26 18:48:37

I have Googled this one to death and am getting nowhere.

What I ultimately want to do is access the freedb.org CDDB database.  In
order to do that, you must generate a disc ID for lookup.  The disc ID
is based on information in the CD's TOC.  Freedb.org lists the algorithm
for generating the disc ID in a readily available document, but my first
problem is to get the data in the CD's TOC.  Does anyone know how to do
that?

Freedb.org also says that there are disc ID generators on it's
download.miscellaneous page, but there are none there.

Has anyone here implemented any of this - from reading a CD's TOC, to
generating disc IDs, and then accessing freedb.org?