List:       php-windows
Subject:    Re: [PHP-WIN] fileperms - windows setting 777 on a file - possible?
From:       Stut <stuttle () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-26 17:12:44

Stephen Ford wrote:
> I'm trying to run an install script for some software that I bought and the
> install script checks that some file permission settings are correctly set.
> In this case they must be set to "777". I have not been able to run the
> script successfully and my hosting company has said that it cannot be
> successfully run on their site because "our php running in windows always
> returns 666 for a file instead of the required 777.  Directories return the
> required 777 permissions."
>
> Does this sound credible? Are there settings that they could change to make
> this work?

Posting a question twice because the first one didn't get any responses
is not likely to make you any friends.

You bought this software? Seems to me that your best bet would be to ask
the company you bought it from. This list is not here to provide free
support for commercial software.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/