List:       php-gtk-general
Subject:    Re: [PHP-GTK] Re: PHP-GTK, COM, IE, and Form Post?
From:       Benjamin Smith <bens () effortlessis ! com>
Date:       2004-10-29 14:36:32

Manuel,

The class you mentioned isn't quite what I'm looking for.

It's not a matter of retrieving content for the PHP app,  it's a matter of
getting IE (or Mozilla!) to go to the site, log in with the same credentials
used to access the PHP-GTK app, and then leave the browser up so that the
user can then do what they need to do.

How can I do this with COM on Windows and form post? I've tried several times
to invoke the "default browser" using various incantations of exec(),
passthru(), and backticks, but it's always been near-death dog slow.

Suggestions?

-Ben

PS: I've had your site linked on my home page for years. It's an honor...

On Thursday 28 October 2004 20:51, Manuel Lemos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 10/29/2004 12:37 AM, Benjamin Smith wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My PHP-GTK app now needs to connect to a website in order to publish
values
> > generated locally.
> >
> > Part of this is to login to the remote server. However, I've been
completely
> > unable to get a form post to work (to avoid leaving the login/password on
the
> > URL in the browser history)
> >
> > I found some references to post with arrays and it just did NOT fly. I
tweaked
> > for hours before giving up. Below is my most recent code:
> >
> > Anybody ever done this? Any idea where to look?
>
> You may want to try this HTTP client class that can either use TCP
> socket connections or curl to post request, collect and send back
> (authentication) cookies and handle redirection, which is most likely
> what you need:
>
> http://www.phpclasses.org/httpclient
>

> --
>
> Regards,
> Manuel Lemos
>
> PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
> http://www.phpclasses.org/
>
> PHP Reviews - Reviews of PHP books and other products
> http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/
>
> Metastorage - Data object relational mapping layer generator
> http://www.meta-language.net/metastorage.html
>
> --

"I kept looking around for somebody to solve the problem.
Then I realized I am somebody"
   -Anonymous