List:       phorum-dev
Subject:    [phorum-dev] Phorum 3.1.1 Pre-release - Please test
From:       Jason Birch <jason () phorum ! org>
Date:       2000-05-26 12:22:45

Hi all,

I've just spend the last few hours testing most of my changes/bug
fixes for the 3.1.1 prerelease.  I forgot to update the changelog with
all of them...  You can find the files here:

http://www.phorum.org/downloads/phorum-3.1.1pre.zip
or
http://www.phorum.org/downloads/phorum-3.1.1pre.tar.gz

Please note that this is not a formal release.  I think it's fairly
bug-free, but I'm the only one that's tested.  If you're not
comfortable with this, wait for the 3.1.1 maintenance release.

If a few of you (especially someone with PostGres) could test this I
would really appreciate it.  There's no way I can release the next
version without some external testing.  Once any remaining bugs are
worked out, this will be posted as the 3.1.1 maintenance release.

This was my first time checking the code out of CVS, so I hope I did
it right.  It looks like the /admin/forums directory will need to be
created manually, but everything else looks right.

Major changes not in the changelog:
- Added ability to change the name of the base forum table from
"forums" to something else.  This allows you to run multiple Phorum
installations on the same database.
- Added checks to the admin to make sure that the main table is
created, the table name is specified, and some other junk.  Still
didn't change the markup to show required fields
- Moved the functions that create tables into a single call in an
attempt to cure the missing _bodies phenomenon.  Also added a hook for
auto-generation of the "forums" table for inclusion at the next
release (3.1.2)
- Fixed problem with undefined variables when reading a moderated
forum in flat mode
- Made the "Drop Forum" more intelligent so that it wouldn't drop the
table if another forum (within the same main "forums table") is using
it.  It is still dangerous to drop forums if the table is shared
between two completely different installations.  There's a bug in this
somewhere.  I can't figure out why I couldn't drop the first table in
Netscape.  I think it may be a JS error.
- I think I may have made a breakthrough in the "new" cookie problem,
but only time and testing will tell.

There are more notes in the changelog, this is just what was done
recently.  I may have even missed some of those...  I'm going to
sleep.  If you have problems, I may not be able to help you right away
due to extreme exhaustion :-)

Jason Birch