List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    [Pgp-keyserver-folk] Re: PKS Configuration Survey
From:       Jason Harris <jharris () widomaker ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 19:50:29

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 03:45:12PM -0500, Laager, Richard James wrote:

> I would greatly appreciate it if those of you that run PKS could
> answer the following questions regarding your configuration:
>
> 1. What do you have www_readonly set to? (Alternatively, do you allow
> key submissions via HTTP?)

The default to www_readonly = 1 in the C code (JHpatch1) is a failsafe
setting, esp. useful when testing a server before fully configuring it,
running a private server on one's own machine, etc.

Also, I recommend that index.html remain as the name of the default page.
This is the standard for webservers, and one may want to have Apache and
pksd serve the same file (assuming <hostname>:11371 remains hardcoded in
the form), for instance (consider users behind firewalls).

(OTOH, if keyserver.kjsl.com is unresolvable, the form retrieved from
http://166.88.5.10:11371/ will work just fine.  :)

--
Jason Harris          | NIC:  JH329, PGP:  This _is_ PGP-signed, isn't it?
jharris@widomaker.com | web:  http://jharris.cjb.net/