List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    Re: delete/disable requests
From:       "teun, Tilburg University" <Teun.Nijssen () kub ! nl>
Date:       1999-06-30 9:04:42

Hi,

Stefan wrote,

/In fact, about two weeks ago Teun Nijssen, Peter Wan, Hironobu Suzuki and I
/met in sunny Brisbane to discuss this issue. Basically, we agreed that we
/should find a mechanism (possibly based on the time a key was last touched
/and/or the time the most recent new signature has been added to a key) to
/delete very old keys from our database. Of course, the term "very old" has
/to be defined first. Anyway, right now there seem to be tens of thousands
/of keys that are surely no longer used. It is therefore a good idea to get
/rid of these keys (eg. to dump those keys in a special repository).
/
/We will probably come up with a more detailed proposal on this list once
/one of us found enough spare time to do so.

actually, I already took up the issue with the potential programmers, before
putting it on this list, were many people may have different opinions, but
like me are not able to realize the code.

below you find a piece of the resulting discussion:

cheers,

teun