List:       pgp-keyserver-folk
Subject:    Re: CryptNET Keyserver
From:       "M. Drew Streib" <dtype () dtype ! org>
Date:       2001-07-10 16:59:10

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 05:51:27AM -0400, V. Alex Brennen wrote:
> I just put out version 0.0.4 if people want to experiment with
> it and write some patches.  Right now, the plan is to put out a

Installation notes.

* config IP stuff is in cksd.c
* database needs to be named pgp_keys, or you have to rename a bunch
  of constants in the code
* you'll need to s/nobody/yourdbuser/g in the cks.sql file or the grants
  won't work

Otherwise the thing ran. I should note that I didn't try any of the
web stuff, just the cksd server.

Trying to post via a web form (pks-commands.html) gave me
"cksd: Invalid Request: Error in pks protocol request detected."
The same request works for pksd.

GnuPG was, however, able to send and recv a key to the server properly.

I would run the thing as a test full time, but only now do I realize
that pksd doesn't have any way to bind to a particular IP, so it is
running on 11371 on _all_ the IPs on my box. If I get around to hacking
in an IP bind (shouldn't take long), then I'll run this server in
parallel as a test.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype@dtype.org> | http://dtype.org/