List:       perl6-internals
Subject:    Re: [perl #43081] [p6] Get p6 tests from pugs.
From:       Eric Wilhelm <scratchcomputing () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-31 21:41:31

# from Paul Cochrane
# on Thursday 31 May 2007 01:42 pm:

>  It is possible to get anonymous svn access to the pugs
>source, but svn won't allow you to check out source from a different
>repository into another repository's path

Maybe I'm missing something, but what I've done in similar situations
basically amounts to:

  svn propset svn:ignore "foo" .
  svn co http://example.com/repository foo

Later:

  svn up foo
  rsync foo/ standard/location/

That is, the files are all copied (or symlinked) from a single foreign
checkout directory into their standard homes within the native
repository tree.  IME, the "up vs co" logic is best stuck in a
bootstrapping script ala:
  http://svn.dotreader.com/svn/dotreader/trunk/util/dev_fetch_books

Do avoid svn:externals though.

--Eric
--
hobgoblin n 1: (folklore) a small grotesque supernatural creature that
          makes trouble for human beings