List:       perl-win32-users
Subject:    Re: Little bit off Topic but....
From:       Ian.Stewart () Notes ! airtouch ! com
Date:       2000-09-28 16:49:28

From: John Giordano <isaac@exchange.netos.com> on 09/27/2000 02:07 PM

To:   perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com@SMTP@JVEXCHANGE
cc:
Subject:  Little bit off Topic but....

I try to run command.com from Start/Run and all I get is a DOS box that stays on
the screen for a split second and then goes away?

Try 'command /C "C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -w script.pl"' to run your script then
exit

or 'command /K "C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -w script.pl"' to keep the interpreter
running after your script executes.

There are also switches you can pass to setup environment space I/O devices,
etc.  type 'command /?' from CMD.EXE for details

HTH,
Ian