List:       perl-win32-admin
Subject:    File security and inheritance
From:       "George Menyhert" <gmenyhert () actinic ! com>
Date:       2001-05-31 19:23:57

How can I control the file security inheritance with Win32::FileSecurity or
another package that comes with the core ActiveState distribution?  Any
calls to "Set" seem to turn off all inheritance.

Searching the mail list I've seen one reference to Dave Roth's Perm module
which sounds excellent (I have his book), but I can't require any special
modules as the script is an application installer and we need to cater to
the customers who don't like to go out and install other packages just to
get ours installed.

Any ideas?

--
George Menyhert