List:       perl-win32-admin
Subject:    RE: Perl books (was: (no subject))
From:       "Bellenger, Bruno (Paris)" <BelleBru () exchange ! fr ! ml ! com>
Date:       2001-05-31 17:53:02

Another book which IMHO is worth a look is Beginning Perl by Simon Cozens
(WROX editor)

Amazon description available at :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/1861003145/custom
er-reviews/ref%3Dpm%5Fdp%5Fln%5Fb%5F7/104-2502558-1211136
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/1861003145/custo
mer-reviews/ref%3Dpm%5Fdp%5Fln%5Fb%5F7/104-2502558-1211136>

This book is actually a bit 'beefy' for true beginners. But those who've
already grasped the basics of programming (Perl or any other language) may
find it quite good indeed.

Have a look at the review and content at :
http://www.linuxlookup.com/html/reviews/misc/beginning-perl.html
<http://www.linuxlookup.com/html/reviews/misc/beginning-perl.html>

It says :
"Beginning Perl is a fantastic book for any programmer who is itching to
learn the Perl programming language.
I must warn you that it might progress a little too quickly for someone who
has never done any previous programming..."

Bruno Bellenger
Sr. Network/Systems Administrator