List:       perl-ldap-dev
Subject:    [Fwd] LDAP authentication
From:       Graham Barr <gbarr () pobox ! com>
Date:       2002-12-03 21:16:48

----- Forwarded message from Peggy Harstvedt <treesprite@aristotle.net> -----

Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:00:40 -0600
To: <gbarr@pobox.com>
From: "Peggy Harstvedt" <treesprite@aristotle.net>
Subject: LDAP authentication

Hello

I had my authentication working (simple authentication) using Perl 5.6,
Net::LDAP, Convert::ASN1 0.16 on a Linux machine running Rehat 7.2, but in
coming back from vacation (a mere 3 days)...something in the mix has
changed. Authentication is no longer working and my Perl script has not
changed. I'm kind of at a loss as where to start researching the problem. To
make this even more interesting, we have a PHP script that authenticates!
(He does use SSL, where I don't)

Executing an ldapsearch from a command line returns error code 49 (Invalid
Credentials) and I have tried the ldappasswd command just to see if I could
get anything to work but that failed as well (Decoding Error -See Below)

Do I need to use Authen::SASL?

Any ideas greatly appreciated,
PHarstvedt

ldapsearch command and error message:
ldapsearch -x -D
'cn=pharstvedt,cn=Users,dc=littlerock,dc=state,dc=ar,dc=us' -W -b
'dc=littlerock,dc=state,dc=ar,dc=us'cn=phars*

ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
additional info: 80090308: LdapErr:
DSID-0C09030B, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, v893

ldappasswd command and error message:

ldappasswd -x -A -S -h 10.37.1.26 -p 389 -D 'cn=pharstvedt, cn=Users,
dc=littlerock, dc=state, dc=ar,dc=us'
                Old password:

                Re-enter old password:

                New password: