List:       pear-dev
Subject:    Re: [PEAR-DEV] [PEPr] Comment on Networking::Net_OpenSSH
From:       Michael Gauthier <mike () silverorange ! com>
Date:       2009-01-30 19:57:13

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 11:17 -0600, Queen Zeal wrote:
> there is a pure-php implementation of ssh2 here:
>
> http://phpseclib.sourceforge.net/documentation/net.html#net_ssh
> http://phpseclib.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/phpseclib/phpseclib/Net/SSH2.php?revision=1.8
>
> doesn't use public / private variables, among other things, though, so it
> would need atleast some modification before being included in PEAR.

I think this pure PHP library and the PHP ssh2 extension provide a
better API that this proposal will not be able to replicate with
wrapping the SSH command.

For this proposal, it would be nice to see the pure-php version adapted
and cleaned up. For starters, most of the encrypting stuff could be
handled by relevant Crypt_* packages. Fortunately, the license of both
this proposal and the pure-php implementation are the same.

I realize this is a lot more work, but I think it would make a better
package that is more useful for more people.

Cheers,

Mike