List:       pcc-list
Subject:    Re: [Pcc] mipsel can't convert uchar to ushort
From:       Toru Nishimura <runqueue128 () alkyltechnology ! com>
Date:       2016-01-11 6:59:51

I propose to have a command line specifier to preserve now
defunct "mandatory load delay slot feature" for early MIPS
processor if we really want it.  It only makes a sense for
r3k, including IDT 30xx variants, minus Toshiba TX39.
In practice "load delay slot" is a kind of computer classroom
arguments much like cache alias exception found in R4000.

Having instruction scheduling constraint logic in PCC code
generator would be a general matter.  Jump delay slot and
how smart to fill it is a rather common issue among many
modern processors.

-nisimura