List:       pamldap
Subject:    [pamldap] Re: [nssldap] almost there now!!  (ldap authentication on Solaris)
From:       "Andrew Ryan" <andrewr () mycfo ! com>
Date:       2001-01-29 17:33:53

Not sure about #2, but #1 and #3 can be solved by reading the pam.conf man page.

Specifically, for #1, you want to add the "try_first_pass" flag to the pam_unix \
module line, and for #3, use the "debug" flag for all pam modules which you want to \
see debugging information about.

Messages in #2 I suspect are related to there not being a 'root' account on your LDAP \
server.

andrew

Ian Diddams wrote:

> 1) when I try and login as root (defined locally), I get asked twice for a password
> 2) Although I can successfully login as a user defined in the LDAP database, I \
> notice the following in the system messages file 3) what logging options are \
> available aside from what is being placed in messages already?  I read somethuing \
> somewhwere about using local4.<debug/err/notice/alert> to a ldap.log file, but I've \
> tried that in syslog.conf (and HUP'd the daemon!) and nought seems to be placed in \
> that log.

["smime.p7s" (application/x-pkcs7-signature)]