List:       pamldap
Subject:    [pamldap] PAM and SSL
From:       Alan Sparks <asparks () quris ! com>
Date:       2001-01-29 23:15:27

What's involved in getting SSL to work with pam_ldap?

I see that there's an option in the source for "ssl on", so I'm setting
that and the port to 636.  I have a working SSL tunnel on the LDAP
server.

I've actually used the option config=/etc/pam_ldap.conf in the pam.conf,
since apparently nss_ldap doesn't like the ssl config file option.  Not
sure I want nss operations across SSL, anyway.

Unfortunately, the client is disconnected after the login attempt.  The
syslog has the message "pam_ldap: ldapssl_client_init Unknown error".

Is there a potential certificate issue, or is this something completely
different?

Thanks for any advice.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, Sr. UNIX Administrator	asparks@quris.com