List:       pamldap
Subject:    Re: [pamldap] pam ldap and active direcotry and other questions
From:       Norbert Klasen <klasen () zdv ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2001-01-22 19:14:03

> I'm wondering what it would
> take for me to get this to work for myself as well.  Does anyone have a=
 pointer
> to where I can get the sdk's for active directory (the ms site is a zoo=
) or can
> I just use some generic ldap lib's?  =

You can use generic LDAP libs (eg Netscape or OpenLDAP).
See the attached file for an ldap.conf example.

-- =

Norbert Klasen
DFN Directory Services                           tel: +49 7071 29 70335
ZDV, Universit=E4t T=FCbingen                        fax: +49 7071 29 591=
2
W=E4chterstr. 76, 72074 T=FCbingen              http://www.directory.dfn.=
de
Germany                             norbert.klasen@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
["ldap.ad.example.conf" (text/plain)]

#
# $Id: ldap.conf,v 1.14 2001/01/08 07:17:14 lukeh Exp $
#
# This is the configuration file for the LDAP nameservice
# switch library and the LDAP PAM module.
#
# To contact the author, mail lukeh@padl.com.
#

# Your LDAP server.
host ldap.example.com

# The distinguished name of the search base.
base CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com

# The LDAP version to use (defaults to 2)
ldap_version 3

# The following options are specific to pam_ldap.

# Filter to AND with uid=%s
pam_filter objectclass=user

# The user ID attribute (defaults to uid)
pam_login_attribute sAMaccountName

# Group to enforce membership of
#pam_groupdn cn=Domain Admins,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com

# Group member attribute
#pam_member_attribute member

# Update Active Directory password, by
# creating Unicode password and updating
# unicodePwd attribute.
pam_password ad

# by default information in the users subtree is not available
# to anonymous clients. Grant 'Read Logon Name (pre-Windows
# 2000)' and 'Read Public Information' to EVERYONE or use the
# rootbinddn feature
#rootbinddn CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com