List:       pamldap
Subject:    RE: [pamldap] Bug when logging into CDE on Solaris when using pam_ldap
From:       Glenn Case <ldap () glennc ! net>
Date:       2003-01-28 20:45:26

I think I have this working now (I am still testing this )
But it is still a hack :-)

This was the behavior I was seeing in the dtsession crashes I was
dealing with earlier.
(This was on Solaris 8)

The issue was introduced somewhere after pam_ldap-152 and I believe is
the addition of the
-B group flag to the link line for pam_ldap.so which fixes a number of
other issues but causes
a number of build time headaches (the build time issues cause dtsession
to crash )

The solution I found that worked was to link some of the libraries
(openldap,openssl) staticly into pam_ldap.so

When you do this remember to remove the -B group option from the link line.
    (Or else reboot single user/ restore good pam_ldap/ reboot again/
log in and relink again )

http://www.netsys.com/pamldap/2002/11/msg00046.html
was the hint that I recieved.

If you want openssl to compile correctly  for use with -B group you may
need to link it differently
    http://www.netsys.com/pamldap/2002/10/msg00051.html
Describes how.

When I finally get this fully working I probably should write it up and
post the solution to the list.

Thanks
    Glenn

 > I don't see a Solaris version number anywhere, but I'm assuming you are
 > referring to Solaris 2.8. If you are dealing with Solaris 2.7
disregard this
 > message- 2.7 is a lost cause and is not worth dealing with.
 >
 > If memory serves, we found that one of the processes that helps
manage CDE
 > does a segv. We solved this problem and other problems in Connexitor
Naming
 > Services (CNS), our packaged build of pam_ and nss_ldap. If you care
to try
 > it, you can download it at http://www.symas.net/download/connexitor/.
 >
 > -Matthew Hardin
 > Symas Corporation