List:       packetfence-users
Subject:    [PacketFence-users] v9.0.0, Issues with Creating Nodes
From:       Mark Okuno via PacketFence-users <packetfence-users () lists ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2019-11-08 18:21:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello PacketFence Users,

We currently have a three node cluster on v9.0.0 that we have been using
for several months now.  The technicians that create/manage the nodes
typically like using the 'Old Admin' interface from v8.x.x.  However, it's
recently come to our attention that when creating a node in the new
interface, after entering the MAC address and Role, the node is created
without a role.  When selecting the newly created node, and choosing the
role again, if one clicks on "Save", another error is generated stating
that an Owner has to be chosen, even though it is already associated with
"default" owner.  Once "default" is chosen again, then the node finally
appears to be created correctly.

None of these issues seem to arise when creating nodes in the old admin
interface.  Has anyone else encountered similar issues?

Best,

Mark Okuno
IT Operations, UCSB Library
University of California, Santa Barbara