List:       owncloud
Subject:    Re: [owncloud-user] ownCloud Client Version 2.2.2 Released
From:       Sandro =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Knau=DF?= <bugs () sandroknauss ! de>
Date:       2016-06-29 22:55:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hey,

> But maybe, next time we screw, drop a short note please. Danimo has
> enabled the updater for 2.2.2 - happy updating :-)

And keep in mind, there are also distribution that build the ooc for their
users - If you think that version are screwed up, than this is a very
interesting information for distribution. Normally you guys complain ditros to
be "slow" in making the release ready for the users. But yourself do not trust
the released version and wait also some time before giving it to everybody.
With the information in this thread I see that the attitude to try to build
the new version as fast as possible will maybe result in bad user experience -
So I really should change the packaging process for debian and wait some weeks
after release date before even think about starting packaging to be sure, that
the version is not screwed up. Is that what you want?

Okay the text is polemic I know - but I really think, that hiding the
information that a version is screwed up is not a good idea, because this will
trigger problems downstream. F.ex. I have packaged 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 for debian
already, but not 2.2.2 because form the changelog it sounds like "okay some
bugs are closed" -> will do the packaging, when I have time for. With the
information at this thread I now know, okay I should package 2.2.2 faster,
because 2.2.0 and 2.2.1 are screwed up. ( Or better wait for 2.2.3 ?)...

regards,

sandro