List:       osgeo-discuss
Subject:    Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Which web project supports clipping/intersection?
From:       Brad Hards <bradh () frogmouth ! net>
Date:       2015-07-16 5:15:49

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 03:10:42 PM Dan Ames wrote:
> Hi all, as a long time desktop developer, I'm now building web mapping
> applications and am feeling like a major newbie.

> Is there a javascript library that can perform basic geoprocessing on
> geoJSON features?
Can I suggest that you don't want to do that on the client side, unless you're
really trying to build a javascript GIS application. Why pull a lot of data
and then toss it?

If possible, do a smart query on the server side. There are a few ways to do
this, but Web Processing Service (WPS) and making the server proxy those
operations into the service side database would be some things to investigate.

Brad