List:       osflash-sandy
Subject:    [Sandy] Sandy 3.0 possible bug in rotate with a reference
From:       petit () petitpub ! com (Petit)
Date:       2007-08-21 17:33:25

Hi!

To check my advice in this post regarding rotation around an arbitrary
axis,
I run a test of the ATransformable method
rotAxisWithReference(p_oAxis:Vector, p_oRef:Vector, p_nAngle:Number):void

As you may know it is supposed to rotate the object around an axis given
by p_oAxis throug the point p_oRef.
This may be in the global coordinate system or that of its parent node (
a TransformGroup ).

The test showed that the rotation was around an axis through the center
of the Shape3D, independent of the p_oRef point.
Elaborated a bit more in the forum:
http://www.flashsandy.org/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=645&view=findpost&p=3855

Cheers!
/Petit