List:       osc-developer
Subject:    [OSC-DEVELOPER] Problems with snapshot 20020530
From:       Andrew Crowe <drewman () aci ! on ! ca>
Date:       2002-05-31 21:31:20

This message was sent from: Developers Mailing List.
<http://www.oscommerce.com/community.php/forum,2/action,read/i,14235/t,14235>

I have followed the directions to the letter.  Step by step

I am at the install.php script.

I can conect to dbase and am now at step2.

Step 2: osCommerce Configuration

The following error has occurred:

The configuration files do not exist, or permission levels are not set.

I have check and re-check the chmod perm levels.  They are exactly what was
required

/admin/includes/configure.php is set to 706 and i tried 777
/catalog/includes/configure.php is set to 706 and i tried 777

What is the problem?  Where should I look?

ALSO:  in the tep-docs documentation..there are an nuber of missing file
sections  eg. config_catalog.php  ( are they just not completed or did they
get missed fromt the bundle?)

Any help is appreacitated, I am really eager to get this shop up!