List:       oprofile-list
Subject:    Re: [oprof-cvs] CVS: oprofile/libutil op_fileio.c,1.10,1.11
From:       Philippe Elie <phil.el () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2002-08-16 13:25:03

William Cohen wrote:

> According to
> http://www.gnu.org/manual/glibc-2.2.3/html_node/libc_184.html#SEC193
> `z' is the correct modifier for size_t.  This is what the C99 standard
> uses. Oprofile probably should be "%zu" rather than "%zd". However,
> the C99 standard say that "z" can modify "d"; this is not a GNU
> extension.

right it wasn't in the draft I look but it is in the final paper, sorry
for confusion.

> It does suck that 2.95.3 doesn't work with this code. Does "%zd"/"%zu"
> work with the glibc library used with machine with gcc 2.95.3? I don't
> have a machine to test that out on.

It's the old debate standard vs portable, I prefer portable things than
standard. Don't forget
than oprofile run with kernel 2.2/gcc 2.91,  adding %zu is likely to
drop this support.

> John Levon wrote:

>> neither. Turn off -Werror for 2.95.3

ouch, John you don't use 2.95 ?